This 26th, 27th and 28th of October, the KIDS European project consortium and 21 companies from Spain, Denmark and France travelled to Paris for our second international mission. A three-day trip to explore and expand our knowledge on retail, internationalization, sustainability, digitalization and gender perspective in our sector.
The objectives of the mission were:
- To learn about the sales strategies of the main children’s product companies in France, based on sustainability, digitalization and with a gender perspective.
- To discover the main trends of the best-selling products and services in the children’s sector at Kidexpo’s exhibition, a trade fair for the whole family.
- To meet the main representatives of the French children’s market and share the companies needs and experiences in internationalization.
- To discover the potential and opportunities of the European Union children’s sector through the exclusive KIDS study presented at the Transnational strategic workshop.
- To create international connections, expand companies’ network of contacts and to share business challenges, needs and opportunities.
To achieve the objective of the trip the companies participated in a three-day agenda packed with activities and workshops:
- A welcome coffee in the centre of Paris, to meet and greet all the companies.
- A retail tour to visit inspiring Parisian concept stores and sales outlets dedicated to children: GEMO kids Gémo, groupe ERAM, Smallableand Bonhomme de Bois
- Two networking dinner to continue connecting.
- A Transnational strategic workshop about digitalization, circularity and gender equity with the main internationalization strategies of the European children’s industry.
- A presentation of two exclusive studies to discover the potential and the opportunities of the European Union Children’s sector.
- A visit to Kidexpo’s exhibition to discover the main trends of the best-selling products and services in the children’s sector.
- A marketplace’s meeting with JouéClub, Oxybul and Greenweez to share with them their companies’ needs and experiences in internationalization.
The knowledge and experiences exchanged between the 21 companies and the marketplaces invited, were very inspiring and interesting for all the stakeholders.
The Paris mission also has been useful to involve the companies and organizations of the four participant clusters with the objectives of the KIDS project, aligning their needs and challenges with the next steps that the consortium will take.
About KIDS project:
Key Internationalisation Activities for the European ChilDren’s Sector (KIDS) is an EU funded project led by KID’S CLUSTER (SP), and developed in consortium with CEIV – Cluster Empresas Innovadoras Valle del Juguete (SP), Lifestyle & Design Cluster (DK) and Nova CHILD (FR). The main objective of the project is fostering EU children’s industry internationalization through the implementation of a European children’s cluster.
KIDS is a 36-month project funded by the European Commission under the COSME programme. It is led by four European clusters representing different approaches to the children and family’ industry in the EU. In line with the Clusters Go International Programme spirit, the KIDS partnership delivers a proposal of transnational added value across several business sectors, most of them key growth drivers for the EU economy.
For the first time, SMEs in the children & family markets, digital technologies & circular economy sectors will find in this project a safe place to expand cross-sectorial cooperation, explore new value chains, and strengthen their management capabilities to engage in internationalisation processes beyond EU’s borders.